If you own and love an animal, chances are they are on your Christmas shopping list. Sometimes they are the easiest to buy for as they are non-judgmental, always willing to lick your face or wag their tail simply because you've arrived home, and they are just as happy with the box as what's inside. In case you are stuck, here are five ideas.
1. Pet World in Natick is a store just for animals. Their cat adoption center is bound to have you falling in love. That having been said, the MSPCA strongly recommends against giving pets as gifts unless the family or person is willing to make a lifetime commitment to the critter. If they are, we strongly recommend a cat.
2. Another necessity for the fur-covered set is a small cover up for those chilly night walks. Yes, it's true, many spoiled creatures—think greyhounds—would not set foot outside after Oct. 1 if not for their fancy coats.
3. What critter doesn't love a stocking full of all of their favorite treats? Pet World as well as Target and Walmart stores carry pre-made pet stockings complete with a dog or cats favorite treats. They even label them by species in case you get confused.
4. Another favorite for felines is catnip or other small toys with a string and a mouse. Cats have been known to chase a fake mouse for hours if it's on the end of a string. Laser pointers are also a great cat toy.
5. Finally, if your critter is spoiled enough to already own all of the above, the local animal shelter Stray Pets In Need of Homes is always looking for donations of food, toys and cash. They are also in need of volunteers to help care for the plethora of animals on site.
Know of something we missed that your pet would love ? Share it in the comments!