5 Things: Get to Know Local Olympians, Fresh Air
Did you know there are some athletes in the Olympics who don't live far from Natick?
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. A transportation bond bill, approved by the Senate this week, doesn't include an amendment that would have given Natick $160,000 to improve pedestrian safety in the area of South Main and West streets, near Natick High. Do you think this intersection is unsafe and could benefit from some state funding? Tell us in the comments.
2. New York City kids will arrive in Milford Aug. 1 to be greeted by their host families, some of which live in Natick. The Fresh Air Fund places inner city kids with rural, suburban or small town families for up to two weeks, allowing them the opportunity to spend part of their summer outside of an urban setting.
3. Trolley Dogs of Natick will participate in the Charles River Food festival in Boston on Saturday. For more information, see this announcement.
4. Were you aware that the Summer Olympics will feature Massachusetts athletes who don't live far from Natick? See this list of local Olympians for whom you should be rooting in the 2012 Olympic Games.
5. Through Aug. 17, we'll keep the polls open for Readers' Choice voting. Click through the categories and cast your vote; the article is on the homepage. We'll get you started. How about you share with us, by voting in the article, where the best sushi is in town?