5 Things: New Senior Center Grand Opening
Today is the official first day of operation for Natick's new Senior/Community Center.
1. The new Senior/Community center will hold its grand opening today, welcoming Natick residents to the state-of-the-art facility. Here is a preview of what the center has to offer and a look inside the new building.
2. The Whitney Place Assisted Living Residences are hosting a support group for caretakers of those suffering from Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. A group for dementia patients will be held in a nearby room at the same time. The free event begins at 10:30 a.m.
3. The Academy of MetroWest, a child counciling program which has worked with Natick families for more than 18 years, recently changed locations, moving to 218 Speen St. Check out their website to see what they have to offer.
4. The Library Trustees and Council on Aging will both meet in the new Community Center today at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. respectively. Here is the agenda for today's first Council on Aging meeting in the new facility.
5. We have had a few people ask us recently about how they can spread the word about something happening in their charity, business or anything else around town. It's easy, just head to our announcements page to get the word out.