5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 12
Registration for the PMC Natick Kids Ride to benefit the Dana-Faber Cancer Institute is underway.
1. Stop by the lobby of Natick Town Hall to check out works by some talented artists on display. Seen in the featured photograph are two paintings by artist Linda Porreca (middle and left paintings) and one by Evelyn Bernal (right painting). While you're there, head upstairs to the third floor School Committee room to see some fantastic art by Natick students.
2. The PMC Natick Kids Ride is looking for children age 2 to 12 to participate in the May 20 to raise money for the Dana-Faber Cancer Institute. Children 13 and older are encouraged to volunteer. The ride will be held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. For more information and to register your child, visit http://kids.pmc.org/natick.
3. Occupy Natick now has a website. Visit http://occupynatick.org/wordpress/ to learn more about the movement and upcoming events.
4. In his latest blog on Natick Patch, Reiki master and martial arts instructor "Beef" Mazzola discusses the "Power of Meditation." You too can blog on Patch about your interests and expertise. Just e-mail Alissa.Letkowski@patch.com to get started.
5. Let Patch be your source for Marathon Monday coverage. We're preparing this week to give you the best updates on how runners in Natick are doing during each checkpoint of the race. We'll be uploading photos throughout the day as well so make sure to look for your friends and family who are running. You can see last year's coverage on Patch by clicking here. Check back on Monday!