5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 5
If you have ever wanted to talk to a Board of Selectmen member one-on-one, today is your chance.
1. Interested in how your town operates? Have a concern you want to be heard? Head to the Selectmen's office hours today in the community development conference room of the Town Hall to meet with Board member, Charlie Hughes.
2. Did you take photos at the 4th of July parade yesterday? You should share them with Natick by posting them to our gallery. Once you click the link, just hit the upload button on the left to get started.
3. Speaking of 4th of July photos, have you seen ours? You might have seen me running around in the rain yesterday trying to keep my camera dry, but the sun eventually came out for a sucessful parade.
4. Need somewhere to bring the kids today? Head to Cooperative Playgroup at the First Baptist Church to give them a two-hour play session aimed at kids under 5 years old. Attendees will get a snack, and a chance to do crafts projects.
5. This day in History: On July 5, 1946, the bikini was unveiled for the first time by Louis Reard at a popular swimming pool in Paris. The swim suit was named after a chain of islands where the U.S. had recently conducted atomic bomb testing.