5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 6
Bald eagles are only a canoe trip away. What better way to celebrate the week of Independence Day?
1. Canoe with the eagles tomorrow in a class hosted by the Mass Audubon's Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary. The event lets attendees travel down the waterways in the Monadnock region of New Hampshire in areas native to bald eagles. The event costs $45.
2. Stretch and sweat your way to health today with Hot Yoga at Ten X Club. The 7 a.m. class is designed to enhance the effects of Yoga in a class that it's instructors say is "three times the experience."
3. The Natick Farmers Market offers more than 30 different vendors selling locally-produced foods to residents today. Stop by the Common after 9 a.m. to purchase produce, fresh fish, organic meats and artisan breads.
4. Palettes! is hosting "eat, drink, paint," an event where you can paint with friends while enjoying a glass of wine or craft beer. Instructors will be standing by to give advice and help attendees create a work of art. The class costs $35.
5. It has been great to meet a good number of Natick residents since I started here just over a week ago. Today will be my last scheduled time for you all to come in and chat with me. I'll be at Charles River Coffee House from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., so stop by and tell me what matters to you in town.