5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 16
Catch a children's music show, a piano concert and more today in Natick.
Our daily morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. You may never think of folk music blended with R&B, but pianist George Winston is bringing just that to the TCAN stage at 8 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday this weekend. Tickets are $42 for non-members and $37 for members.
2. If you're looking for musical entertainment for the kids instead, children's musician and local Stacey Peasley will perform a free show at Ben & Jerry's in Natick at 1 p.m.
3. Where do you get your green beer and corned beef and cabbage fix on St. Patrick's Day? March 17 is right around the corner and we're wondering where you prefer to celebrate in and around Natick. Take our Patch Readers' Choice poll and let us know your favorites! But vote now because the poll closes at 9 a.m. and the winner will be announced at noon!
4. Don't forget the Natick Winter Farmers Market goes from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Leonard Morse Hospital tomorrow and there are only three weekends left. This Saturday, the musical group "Farmacy" will perform from 10 a.m. to noon.
5. This week, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation has been teaming up with Coldwell Banker Natick and Pinnacle Residential in Wellesley to help collect donations for the Natick Service Council's food pantry. The mortgage company will be leaving donation boxes at both real estate offices this week for locals to drop off nonperishable foods, with a goal of 50 bags of donations, according to a statement. In addition, the Feinstein Foundation will donate $1 for every pound of food donated.