5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 3
Residents met HGTV host Chris Lambton.
Our daily morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Burlington Mall hosted Simon Fashion Now, a dynamic celebration of style and fashion spotlighting trends for spring and summer from Burlington Mall retailers last month. Guests were treated to two days of trends, friends and everything fashion. A local celebrity guest worked the runway in the Lord & Taylor fashion show, Cape Cod native and host of HGTV’s "Going Yard," (premieres May 12) Chris Lambton. Natick residents Molly Flaherty, Caroline McCue and Lilly Flaherty met Lambton.
2. Memorial Elementary School is looking for help mulching. The Beautification Committee is looking for some extra muscle to spread mulch. Bring your kids and they can help too, before, during or after school. Contact Janine at 508-545-2510 or by email email@example.com.
3. Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund are looking for help to create the organization’s 2012 Holiday Collection. Artists are welcome to submit artwork or photographic designs for a holiday card, candle wrap, or ornament to be sold during the holiday season as a fundraiser. Popular images featured in previous years include winter views of Boston landmarks and scenes, New England Patriots and Boston Red Sox-themed artwork, and adult and pediatric patient artwork. All proceeds from the 2012 Holiday Collection benefit the lifesaving mission of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund.
Artists who wish to participate should email their designs in .jpg format firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include artist name, email, and phone number with the submission. The submission deadline is May 15. Artists will be notified by June 1 if their design has been selected. Please note that the selected artists will not be financially compensated for their submission, but will receive printed credit on the item featuring their design.
4. Memorial Elementary School will be hosting its first annual golf event on May 20. Join the Golf Event Committee Meeting on May 8, at 6 p.m., in the school conference room. It's in its final planning stages and are looking for additional volunteers and ideas for the event. The event is close to reaching our goal of 20 teams playing in the event. If you are not a golfer, there is a dinner (adults only) after the golf event. At the dinner, there will be raffles and other prizes to win and enjoy. Dinner starts at 6. $35 dinner only.
5. Wonder why you should do your jury duty? Blogger Eric Ruben, an attorney, lets you know why it's important. Do you have a subject about which you can write? Blog for us!