5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 9
Help clear trails, check out the Natick Education Foundation Spelling Bee and purchase tickets for the Senior Man and Woman of the Year award dinner.
1. As of early Tuesday morning, Natick Patch is just four "likes" short of 700 fans on our Facebook page. If you haven't officially liked us yet you should do so to get updates about everything happening in town and to see links to new articles when they're posted daily. While you're at it, follow us on Twitter too!
2. The 16th annual Natick Education Foundation Spelling Bee is finally here! Forty-two teams, made up of town officials, teachers, professionals and volunteers, will participate in the bee at 7 p.m. at Natick High School. WCVB-TV Channel 5 personalities Harvey Leonard and Heather Unruh will host. The event will also feature a raffle, with items such as Red Sox Tickets.
3. Join the Natick Trail Buddies at 10 a.m. today to help clear debris and overgrown weeds from Pegan Cove.
4. Academy MetroWest Inc. at 9 Tech Circle will host a free workshop for parents to help them understand childhood learning disabilities. Call 508-655-9200 or email email@example.com to RSVP or for more information.
5. Yesterday, we highlighted the 2012 Senior Man and Woman of the Year, Dottie McGrath and Tom Swan. Tickets are now on sale for the May 29 dinner to honor them. The tickets are $16 each and available at the Natick Senior Center through May 18.