Valentine's Day is fast approaching (Feb. 14, in case you forgot), so we're sharing some ideas of local places to spend the day with your special Valentine.
1. Renew Arts & Industry, located inside ONE80 Visual, invites you and your special someone to have your own personal Valentine's portrait session by photographer Jennifer Waddell. For $200, Waddell will give you a photo session of you and your sweetheart, pet, best friend or whoever your other half may be. Stop in between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 12.
2. Natick Recreation and Parks will host "The Big Dinner Dance, Snowball & Valentine's Day Celebration" this Friday, Feb. 10 at the Lodge of Elks on Speen Street. Check in begins at 5:30 p.m., followed by dinner from 6 to 7 p.m., followed by the dance from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 per person for dinner or the dance, or $20 per person for both. A raffle, door prizes and dessert will also be included. Pre-registration is required.
3. For an inexpensive and creative idea, bundle up and take a walk down to the river South Natick to sit on the bench and enjoy the water and the overall vibe of the historic downtown area. And if it starts getting too chilly and cozying up to one another isn't enough, stop into the Charles River Coffee House for a hot cup of coffee and a snack.
4. If something sweet is what your sweetheart craves, Godiva is taking orders for chocolate-covered strawberries. Pre-order before Feb. 8 and you'll receive $8 off your purchase. Godiva is located inside the Natick Mall.
5. If you plan to celebrate the weekend ahead of Feb. 14 (a Tuesday), TCAN will host a performance of Opera Del West's Amelia Goes to the Ball, a show about a woman who tries to make it to the ball, without her husband and lover catching wind of each other. Enjoy free champagne and chocolates at the show. Tickets are $25 for non-members, $20 for members and a discount is available for students and seniors.