Body Reportedly Identified as Missing Natick Employee
Body found on Wayland's Water Row reportedly identified by father as 18-year-old Lauren Astley.
Update (5:54 p.m.): According to CBS Boston and NECN, the father of Lauren Astley, confirmed that the body discovered early this morning in Water Row, Wayland, was his daughter. Lauren Astley was an employee at the Natick Collection and reportedly last seen leaving the Natick mall.
The Middlesex District Attorney's office reportedly has an investigation underway.
- According to the Wayland police log, last night at 11, a father reported his 18-year-old daughter missing from the Wayland Town Beach.
- WHDH-TV reports on its website that Malcolm Astley of Wayland said his daughter has been missing since earlier Sunday evening, and said police are not ruling out that the body could be hers.
- Malcolm Astley's only daughter is Lauren Astley, an 18-year old who just graduated from Wayland High School. Malcolm Astley is a member of the Wayland School Committee.
- A Jeep was found in a parking lot near the Town Beach and was brought to the Wayland Police Station.
- The Jeep was found miles away, across town, from where a body reportedly was found.
- According to scanner reports, that body was found this morning, about 7 a.m., in the water near Water Row in Wayland.
- Also according to scanner reports, state police detectives were called in to investigate possible foul play.
- According to WBZ-TV's website, Lauren Astley left her job at a store at the Natick Collection around 6:45 p.m Sunday. WBZ quotes the store manager as saying Lauren seemed “happy”; it didn't seem as though anything was wrong.
- Malcolm Astley told Patch this weekend that his daughter was headed to Elon University in North Carolina.
- Lauren Astley sang in an a cappella group called The Muses.