UPDATE: Food at Roche Bros. Ruined After Fire
A fire broke out at Roche Bros. supermarket early Friday morning.
UPDATE, Saturday: Roche Bros. is now open.
At 5:42 a.m. Friday morning, the Natick Fire Department responded to a fire at Roche Bros. supermarket that filled the store and the parking lot with thick smoke. Firefighters determined that the source of the smoke was grease fire in the kitchen that could not be controlled by the sprinkler system in the store, according to fire chief James Sheridan.
According to Sheridan, most if not all products in the store must be thrown out due to the smoke. The Natick Health Department is determining what exactly must be discarded.
No one was injured in the fire, the fourth fire in town in the past week, said Sheridan.
Roche Bros. remains closed at this time and it is uncertain when the store will reopen its doors.