A Natick firefighter was still hospitalized this morning after experiencing chest pains at a fire at the intersection of Woodland Street and Juniper Lane Friday night.
Just after 6 p.m. Natick Fire Department called a second alarm for a fire at 59 Woodland St., after lightning struck the chimney of the two-story house and ignited the home.
Investigators say the family was at home at the time, but was able to get out safely, even as the storm moved over the neighborhood and firefighters raced to the scene, reported NECN. Three people live in the home.
The home is currently uninhabitable. A total value of the damage is not available at this time.
Special thanks to Kent Heacock for these photos.