Who Do You Recommend as a Contractor in Natick?
It's hard to find a good contractor to work on your home, so we thought we'd seek out suggestions from people in the Natick community who have had good experiences.
Everyone needs to find a good contractor at some point, whether it's for roofing, remodeling your kitchen or for a plumbing problem.
The difficult part at times can be finding a good, reliable contractor.
The Better Business Bureau offers the following advice to homeowners who are looking for a contractor to do work on their home:
- Use BBB.org to find trustworthy businesses. Start your search with BBB Accredited Contractors in your area. If you are referred to a business through friends, family or an advertisement, verify the business is in good standing at bbb.org before contacting them.
- Compare costs. Get at least three bids from prospective contractors based on the same specifications, materials, labor and time needed to complete the project. BBB’s Request-a-Quote service is free to use and will allow BBB Accredited Businesses to send you quotes via email. Understand variations in price may be associated with higher quality of materials.
- Call for references. Ask all contractors to provide local references and find out if those customers were satisfied with the work performed. If possible, visit a completed project to inspect the quality of the workmanship.
- Check licensing.
- Beware of high upfront fees. Contractors may require a down payment before work begins, but it should not be a significant portion of the total cost. Instead, make payments that align with the progress of the work completed. Make sure you are satisfied with the work before making a final payment.
- Review your contract thoroughly. Make sure it includes all the materials needed to complete the job, an itemized list of all costs involved, any subcontracted labor and a warranty for all work performed.
- Verify insurance coverage. Find out if the company is insured against claims covering worker’s compensation, property damage and personal liability in case of accidents. Verify coverage directly with the business’ insurance company if possible.If you’ve decided it’s time to give your home a facelift, or if you are just in need of repairs, Better Business Bureau bbb.org can help you find a trustworthy contractor.
Have you had good luck with any local contractors? Help out your fellow Natickites and share their names in the comments section below.