Invite a friend
Travel & Taste: The Epic Journeys of Shore Birds
Each year millions of shorebirds make an amazing round-trip journey between the Northern and Southern hemisphere. To complete their long final flight to the Arctic, red knots depend on horseshoe crab eggs in Delaware Bay, NJ. Meanwhile in MA, the cute and perky piping plover faces many challenges from beach traffic to predators as they breed on beaches in coastal communities. Finally, witness the semi-palmated sandpipers that gather in massive and dramatic numbers in New Brunswick Canada's Bay of Fundy before taking wing and flying 3000 thousand miles southward to South America. Join us as we follow the incredible journey of these shorebirds and the challenges they face during each of their monumental annual treks.
Location-themed buffet dinner and lecture or lecture only. Dinner at 6:30 pm, Lecture at 7:30 pm. Pre-registration required for dinner. Online registration available.
Lecture only: $10M; $12NM (7:30 start)
|Where||Mass Audubon's Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary 280 Eliot St, Natick, MA 01760|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:30 pm–8:30 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Seniors|
More About Mass Audubon's Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary
Mass Audubon's Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary is a recreational haven for residents of Natick and surrounding areas. It is composed of nine miles of trails and a green nature center with solar panels, solar heating and composting toilets. The trails wind through fields, wetlands and woodlands and the Indian Brook. They also include stroller and wheelchair accessible trails. It is the perfect place to stroll and watch wildlife year round. Broadmoor also allows snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the winter.
Other events here
- Watercolors in Nature Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Spring Birding Exploration Sat, Jun 1, 7:30 am–9:00 am
- 10 Great Tips for Spring and Summer Nature Photography Sat, Jun 1, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Focus on Macro Photography Workshop Sat, Jun 1, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Birds of the Charles River Canoe Sat, Jun 8, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Spring Birding Exploration Sun, Jun 9, 8:00 am–9:30 am
- Wild about Birds Sun, Jun 9, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Father's Day Weekend Canoe & Breakfast Sat, Jun 15, 7:00 am–11:30 am
- Evening Canoe on the Charles Fri, Jun 21, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Birds of the Concord River Canoe Sat, Jun 22, 9:00 am–12:00 pm