1. Natick Public Schools is pleased to let you know about a new learning opportunity for parents and caregivers of students who attend Natick Public Schools. You are invited to be part of a SEED (Seeking Educational Equity and Diversity) Parent/Caregiver discussion group that meets throughout the school year.
Based on the National SEED Project model, this group provides you the opportunity to explore your own understanding of diversity through a personal, social, and school related lens; as well gain tips and skills for discussing issues of diversity with your children, family, friends and others.
Melissa Patrick and Christine Guthery will be facilitating these meetings. If you are interested, please contact Melissa firstname.lastname@example.org or Christinegutheryc@msn.com no later than October 25th as space is limited. For more information, call Melissa at 508.625.0747. Free childcare is being offered.
This group meets at the Natick Community Senior Center from 6-9 p.m. The dates are:
- October 28th, 2013
- November 18th, 2013
- December 16th, 2013
- January 20th, 2014
- February 24th, 2014
- March 24th, 2014
- April 28th, 2014
- June 2nd, 2014
Click here for Flyer on SEED Group for Parents.
2. In an effort to keep Natick students healthy, the flu vaccine will be offered during the school day on Oct. 23 to students at Natick High School, Wilson Middle School and Kennedy Middle School. If you wish to have your child receive the flu vaccine, you must return the permission form and the insurance form to your child's school nurse by Oct. 22. The permission form and insurance form can be found on the Natick Public Schools website. (Under the health section).
3. Upcoming events at Kennedy Middle School:
- 10/24 Natick SEPAC meeting 7-9 PM Town Hall
- 10/28 Picture Retake Day
- 10/30 Early release 11:30 dismissal
- 11/8 8th graders host Natick Veteran's Day Breakfast
- 11/11 Veteran's Day Observance No School
- 11/19 Middle School Math Night 7 PM KMS Auditorium
- 11/22 - 11/24 Theater Class Showcase Performances "Comedia Dell Kennedy"
- 11/27 Early release 11:30 dismissal
- 11/28 & 29 Thanksgiving Break
Tuesday: Partly sunny to mostly cloudy. Slight chance for a passing shower late. Mid to upper 60s.
Wednesday: Chilly & breezy with mostly cloudy skies. Showers likely through the afternoon. Highs near 50 early in the morning, falling into the mid 40s by late day. Showers should end just in time for the World Series. Cool, raw night though, mid 40s at first pitch. Northeast wind 5-10mph.
Thursday: Blustery & cool with partly sunny skies. Highs in the low 50s. 44 and mainly clear for the start of Game 2 of the World Series.