2. Frozen Ropes of Natick, NIKE and Red Sox pitcher Jon Lester are partnering for a special baseball clinic at the Ebersol Fields in Boston. The event benefits Jon Lester's foundation Never Quit, which supports local families and children who have been affected by cancer.
A bus will pick up players at the facility by 3:30 p.m. and will transport players to Boston and back. Frozen Ropes staff and parents will serve as chaperones on the bus.Register for this Event.
3. The Fall Book and Music Sale is coming to Morse Institute Library on Sept. 28-29.
You can make it a big success by helping out. Choose from several opportunities to volunteer:
1) Set up the sale on Thursday, Sept. 26, from 3–7 pm.
2) Work a few hours during the sale on Saturday, Sept. 28, 9 am–4:30 pm, and/or Sunday, Sept. 29, 12–3 pm.
3) Pack up the unsold books on Sunday, Sept. 29, starting at 3 pm.
Interested in volunteering? Contact Maria Tumang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. All of the candidates in the primary election for the vacant Fifth Congressional District seat have been invited to participate in a candidates’ forum Sunday, Sept. 29, sponsored by the Leagues of Women Voters..
The forum will be at the Wayland Middle School, 201 Main St. in Wayland, from 2-4 p.m. It is free and open to the public.
Ten candidates have qualified for the ballot in the Democratic and Republican primary election, which is scheduled for Tuesday, October 15th. The final election for the Congressional seat will be December 10th.
The Fifth Congressional District had been represented by Edward Markey, and the seat became vacant when Markey was elected to the U.S. Senate in June.
The League will have all the candidates on stage together, answering the same questions.
Candidates on the Democratic primary ballot are William Brownsberger, Katherine Clark, Peter Koutoujian, Martin Long, Paul John Maisano, Carl Sciortino and Karen Spilka .
Candidates on the Republican primary ballot are Frank Addivinola, Michael Stopa and Tom Tierney.
Wednesday: A summer sizzler! Hazy sunshine, hot and humid with high in the lower 90s!
Thursday: Warm & muggy with scattered t-storms after 6pm--including the Patriots home opener at night. Highs in the low to mid 80s.
Friday: Front stalls thanks to T.S. Gabrielle well east of New England.....that means rainy & breezy for the day. Temps start near 68 then fall to the low 60s by evening.