2. Every year, Kennedy Middle School participates in the Stop & Shop A+ School Rewards Program. By linking your Stop & Shop card to KMS, every time you shop at Stop & Shop, the school earns money. Log in at www.stopandshop.com/aplus and go to the "Customer Registration" section. The school code number is 09005. Even if you did this last year, you must re-register your card this year to earn points for Kennedy. Have kids at multiple schools...don't fret - you can split your card earnings between the schools. Click here for more info.
3. Johnson School upcoming PTO events:
- September 16: Kidstuff Coupon Books to be Sent Home
These coupon books were a great success last year, so we are selling them again. Please look in your child's backpack on Monday for their Coupon Book. Please either send a check in for the book or return the book as soon as possible so we can pass it along to someone who needs an extra one. We had awesome feedback about these books last year as they have tons of coupons for local stores/restaurants. Perfect timing as we look ahead to the holiday shopping season.
- September 28: Fall Fun Fair and PIZZA Lunch
12:00-3:00pm outside/gym at Johnson
Come enjoy a fabulous afternoon at Johnson with pony rides (from 1-2), a bounce house, raffles, the famous cake walk and so much more. A great way to reconnect with the Johnson community after the summer vacation.
- October 2: First PTO Meeting of the Year
Please join us at this year's first PTO Meeting. All are welcome and there is free babysitting.
4. Preschool pick-up and drop-off routine:In order to do this effectively, we ask parents to adhere to a few critical safety rules: When dropping off your child, please stand to the side of the entry way to avoid congestion that is confusing for students entering the building. Rolling drop-off will be staffed from 8:55am to 9am and from12:25pm - 12:30pm. After the start of school, you must park and walk your child into school. Enter the circular drive in the front of the high school singlefile. Pull all the way up to the Preschool entrance or right behindthe car in front of you. Remain IN your car. Rolling drop-off is safest if driversstay at the wheel. Preschool student car seats should be on the passenger side foreasy unloading and loading of students by preschool staff. If your
child's seat is on the driver's side, please practice with him/her how to unbuckle, if they can, and climb across to the passenger side. At dismissal, once your child is buckled in by staff, pleasepull forward to allow the line to move up and others to load.*Please spend some time reviewing the routine with your child.Some families choose to do their hugs and kisses before getting in
the car, then a quick high five or blow a kiss when getting out of the car. Thank you for helping us keep carline safe for all.
Friday: Front crawls offshore....few showers until 10am then partial clearing by afternoon. Less humid & cooler with highs in the low 70s. Temperatures fall to the 60s by evening.
Saturday: Cool. Sun and clouds. Highs in the mid/upper 60s.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the low to mid 70s.