Yard waste is considered grass, leaves, brush and branches.
The pickup schedules is dependent on trash day:
- Tuesday will have yard waste collected on Nov. 11;
- Wednesday will be on Nov. 18;
- Thursday will be on Nov. 25;
- Friday will be on Dec. 2.
Yard waste must be in paper biodegradable bags or in trash barrels clearly marked “Yard Waste.” Plastic bags will not be collected.
Residents can also drop off their yard waste at the composting area at the Recycling Center. They can pick up free compost at the center when available.
2. MOONSTRUCK THEATER COMPANY, in association with Amazing Things Art Center of Framingham, presents the Tony Award winning musical Little Shop of Horrors, opening Oct. 18, and running for seven performances through Oct. 27. Performances will take place at Amazing Things Art Center, 160 Hollis St., Framingham.
Little Shop of Horrors features Natick resident TJ Rufo as Seymour, the florist who finds mired in a miasma of his own making.
Rufo, a French teacher at Natick High School, is a longtime fan of Little Shop. “It has been one of my favorite musicals since I saw the movie version as a little boy,” he says, “and Seymour is one of my dream roles.”
This marks Rufo’s second outing with Moonstruck Theater Company, after playing a Kit Kat Boy in their summer production of Cabaret.
3. Start the weekend with a relaxing canoe trip on the Charles River in South Natick. Watch the morning mist rising off the water as fall colors reflect off the river. Listen to bird songs and watch for turtles and great blue herons as we paddle through historic Rocky Narrows Reservation and scenic Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary, ending at South Natick Dam.A hearty brunch will be served part-way on the banks of the river.
Instructions and Directions: Canoes, paddles, lifejackets, a basic paddling overview & guides are all provided. Additional information, including directions to the meeting location, are included in the link within the registration confirmation email.
Pre-registration required. Online registration available at:
4. In case you missed it: Celebrate Autumn w/ us in the Natick Town Forest.
Friday: Partly sunny. Breezy & mild with highs from 65-70.
Saturday: Bright start, then clouds roll in. Bit cooler. Mid 60s.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Low 60s.