The hikes will go into effect July 1 of this year as part of the MBTA’s fiscal year 2015 budget.
What will the hikes mean for you?
- Fares for bus lines and subways will go up 10 cents, to $1.60 and $2.10, respectively.
- Senior and student fares for bus lines and subway will increase 5 cents, to 80 cents and $1.05, respectively.
- Monthly bus-and-subway passes will rise $5, to $75. Monthly bus passes will rise $2, to $50.
- Monthly commuter rail passes will go up between $5-17, depending on your zone.
- Fares for THE RIDE will not increase.
- The last MBTA fare hike was in 2012, when fares jumped 23 percent to help close a huge budget gap.