Minuteman Health (www.minutemanhealth.org), Massachusetts’ only member-governed, non-profit health insurance plan will bring on an experienced and well-respected team of broker advisors to educate consumers, small business owners and brokers on Massachusetts newest health insurance. The council will consist of 14 members based out of Central and Eastern Massachusetts.
“The Broker Advisory Council will play an essential role to Minuteman Health’s success in the highly competitive Massachusetts health insurance market,” said Tom Policelli, CEO of Minuteman Health. The Council will be a resource to provide brokers with the tools to offer the state’s newest health insurance to consumers and small business owners.
The members of the Broker Advisory Council are:
- Michael McKenna, President/Owner of Partners Benefit Group
- James McSweeney, President of The CIP Group
- Ellen Kaplan, Owner of Group Health Specialists
- David Cowles, Co-Founder and Principal of Benemax
- Ed Bleiler, Principal at Digital Benefits Advisors/Digital Benefits Marketplace
- Brian Charon, Senior Vice President of Eastern Benefits Group
- George Gonser, Partner and Chief Executive Officer of Spring Consulting Group
- Robert Was, Principal at The Was Insurance Agency
- Scott Hokanson, President of Brabo Benefits
- Marijane Norris Geary, President of Yozell Associates
- Paul Rooney, Managing Partner at EBS Capstone
- Kent Campbell, Senior Vice President of HUB International
- Tricia Mackoff, Managing Consultant at Marsh & McLennan Agency (The Bostonian Group)
- Mark Gaunya, Principal at Borislow Insurance
Minuteman will be selling their products through the Massachusetts Health Connector (www.MAhealthConnector.org) and the Health Services Administrators (www.HSAinsurance.com). Coverage for the plans will begin January 1, 2014.
About Minuteman Health
Minuteman Health is a new member-governed, non-profit health insurance option for Massachusetts residents. The company offers individuals and small businesses lower-cost high-quality care with a unique member-governance structure. Plan members will directly participate by electing the board of directors, becoming board members and providing input for cost management and service delivery. The provider network currently includes 26 hospitals and physician networks in Central and Eastern Massachusetts, and it is growing daily. Minuteman is marketed through its website (www.MinutemanHealth.org), brokers, Health Services Administrators (www.HSAinsurance.com), and the Massachusetts Health Connector. Minuteman is licensed to operate as a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Director of Employer/Broker Relations