1. The nurses of the MetroWest Medical Center are scheduled to host an informational picket today, calling for additional staff to protect patients. The picketing will start at 2:30 p.m. outside the hospital's Leonard Morse campus.
2. Want to learn how to shed pounds without the gimmicks of most weight-loss plans? Take off Pounds Sensibly, an event at the Beacon Community Church hopes to teach you practical changes to your lifestyle that will help you be healthier. The event starts at 6:30 p.m.
3. Local towns like Framingham and Wayland are considered "transition" towns, and an event today will help you find out what you can do to help build strong communities in those areas. A screening of In Transition 2.0 will take place at St Paul's Episcopal Church at 7 p.m.
4. Did you hear that a few Natick police officers delivered a baby on the side of Rte. 9 this weekend? Here is the full story.
5. Have you subscribed to our Newsletter? Click the link to get Patch delivered straight to your email inbox every day. You can also get breaking news alerts to keep your family in the know.