Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. School's out..for...summer. (For most schools, that is.) It's an early release day for all Natick Public Schools, and the last day of the school year for each school except and . Kennedy's last day, an early release day, is Monday.
2. It's a particularly special last school day for . The 2012-2013 incoming classes won't again set foot in what is now the high school, as the new building will open in the fall.
3. You've likely noticed the four different summer reading lists we've posted on Natick Patch. These aren't just any summer reading lists: they're put together and endorsed by none other than author James Patterson. If you have a young child or tween, and you've read any of the recommended books, let us know in the comments.
4. The events are open to ages 8 and older.
5. The posted on its Facebook page yesterday the following: "We are saddened to hear that former longtime public safety dispatcher Gary Dubinsky has passed after a period of declining health. Gary worked as a Special Police Officer for the town of Framingham in the late 1970s and as a dispatcher for the towns of Wayland and Natick before moving to Florida some two years ago. Our thoughts are with Gary’s family and friends during this time of loss."