Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. One of three special Trail Buddies sessions, in which volunteers will collaborate with MathWorks, will be held from 10 a.m. to noon today.
2. . Threatening skies proved harmless, and the entire graduation was able to be held outdoors. If it had been moved indoors, the graduation would have been the last held inside what is now . The current building will be knocked down to make room for the new high school, which will open in the fall.
3. Speaking of graduation...we posted a solicitation Friday on the site, asking people to share with us graduation advice for the Class of 2012. That offer still stands.We're all ears (or, in this case, "eyes.")
4. Selectmen meet at 7 tonight. Patch will provide coverage of the meeting. For the agenda, see the town's website.
5. June is "Fight the Filthy Fly Month," according to HolidayInsights.com. A quick Google search reveals little about this holiday. My interpretation is that it's a month in which you should kill flies. I declare every month "Fight the Filthy Fly Month."