After pulling papers a few weeks ago to run for one of the two seats on the Board of Selectmen that residents will vote on in March, Alintuck, who also got engaged this month, abruptly rescinded his candidacy.
"(My engagement) caused me to rethink my ability to effectively serve on the Board of Selectmen should I be elected," he said in an email. "I appreciate how much time, dedication and effort goes into serving on the Board and I believe now is NOT the time for me to run."
Incumbent Nick Mabardy and former Selectman John Connolly have pulled papers for the two available seats on the Board, which residents will vote on on March 25.
Chairwoman Carol Gloff announced earlier this year she will not seek re-election.
Alintuck said he still plans on being active in town, as he recently joined the board of the Natick Service Council, will continue to work with the Economic Development Committee and will run for Town Meeting from Precinct 5.
"In the end, the need to focus on a new family, and all that entails, convinced me now was not the right time to run and, if elected, serve," he said.
"I value the time spent in my many meetings with interested Natick residents and was gratified to hear how passionate people are about Natick and how much support there was for my candidacy. I am sure there are others who will join the race who will be great selectmen and I look forward to staying very involved with Natick."
Deadline to submit nomination papers is Jan. 7 at 5 p.m.