According to Principal Matthew Joseph, FINCOM recently approved $100,000 to help improve the dilapidated playground that was closed off last month.
The next step is to take the recommendation to Town Meeting on Oct. 17.
"If it passes at Town Meeting we could have a new playground come spring," Joseph said in an email blast.
Joseph said he, Superintendent Peter Sanchioni and Jon Marshall of Natick Community Services Department have discussed the issue and believe prohibiting the area from students and the public is in the best interest of everyone.
"After reviewing the safety concerns, we are closing the kindergarten playground to ensure student safety," Joseph said in a letter last month. "Students will not be able to use this playground. The main playground will remain open for all students and Natick children."Students and parents expect to see yellow caution tape on the playground to prohibit the use.
"One of my top priorities as Memorial principal is school safety," Joseph said. "A safe and secure learning environment fosters high student performance and achievement. My priority on safety does not stop at our school doors. I also want to ensure a safe playground. Safety on the playground is one very important aspect of a safe and secure learning environment."