Students, including our new fifth graders, seem to be back in the swing of things and adjusting to their routines. We see many happy faces and eager learners. We are looking forward to our first full week of school starting Monday.
Eighth grade students have all had a chance to work with their laptops. Most of our students have started taking their laptops home this week. If we are still waiting on paperwork or payment, letters have been sent home. Once payment or contracts are submitted, students will be able to bring their laptops home. If there are any questions, please contact Mrs. Balboni.
All morning announcements and information about district and town activities can be found on our website.
STUDENT SAFETY REMINDER:
Parents, please remember to follow the parking lot drop-off and pick-up procedures. You must drive around the perimeter of the parking lot and drive all the way up to the crosswalk. This allows more parents to be able to get into the drop off and pick up location. Also, please have your son or daughter exit or enter the vehicle at the sidewalk side. We do not want students walking in the way of moving vehicles. Again, your child's safety is our priority. Thanks!
Volunteers Needed! Laps after Lunch Program
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday ---4 parents each day 10:45-12:25. You can volunteer on a weekly or rotating basis. Prefer full slots...but would gladly accept 1/2 time slots. We also need substitutes to cover on an as needed basis. Role: supervise students on outside track around the building in fair weather as they walk, run, have informal outside time after they eat lunch. Please, no dogs accompanying volunteers.
email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
ResilientParent, Resilient Child Parent & Family Program Series We are pleased to announce the 2013-14 Resilient Parent, Resilient Childspeaker series. For the online brochure, please go HERE. Topics addressed will include how to support student athletes, raise successful students and support global and digital citizenship. All are welcome -- this series is for the whole community! All programs will be held at Natick High School and are free of charge. Check out the website at www.ResilientParentResilientChild.org. Thanks to the Natick Public Schools, Natick Together for Youth (NTY), Charles River Rotary, SPARK Kindness, and all of our community supporters. You can register and learn more about our first program on"Raising a Student Athlete: Supporting Toward Excellence" HERE.
Brochures about this series was sent home with your students today!
A reminder for 8th grade families regarding the 2013-14 laptop program:
Payment and Contract MUST be completed prior to the start of school.
The $75 fee payment and handbook sign off for your child's laptop for the upcoming school year will be available online and can be accessed here:http://www.natickps.org/departments/technology/laptopprogram/userfee.cfm
Family cap of $175 (for families with multiple laptops/children in grades 8-12)
If a family is on free lunch, fee is reduced but contract must still be signed
If a family is on reduced lunch, fee is $35 and contract much still be signed
Laptops will be issued to middle school students in the first weeks of the new school year.
Laptops will not be issued until parents/guardians have paid the fee in full/
Students will be trained in the new school year.
We look forward to your participation in this exciting and valuable program for your child.
Wilson is on Facebook!
Have a Great Week!
Tyler Page, Niall Carney, and Sue Balboni
for the Wilson Team
Coming Up!--Trimester 1 Dates
- Thursday, September 5, NO SCHOOL - Rosh Hashanah
- Friday, September 6, NO SCHOOL - Rosh Hashanah
- Tuesday, September 17, Gift Wrap Sales assemblies
- Wednesday, September 18, Picture Day
- Thursday, September 19, 7-9pm, Back to School Night for grades 5&6
- Thursday, September 26, Early Release, 11:30 dismissal
- Thursday, September 26, 7-9pm, Back to School Night for grades 7&8
- Tuesday, October 1, Gift Wrap Sale ends
- Thursday, October 3, 7-9pm, PTO Summer Reading Meeting
- Friday, October 11, Progress Reports available on iPass for Grades 6-8
- Monday, October 14, NO SCHOOL - Columbus Day
- Thursday, October 17, 7-9pm School Council Meeting
- Wednesday, October 23, 12:30-2, Flu Clinic at WMS
- Wednesday, October 30, Early Release, 10:30 dismissal
- Monday, November 4, Healthy Harvest Kickoff
- Thursday, November 7, Magazine Drive Assemblies
- Thursday, November 7, 7-9pm, PTO Meeting
- Friday, November 8, Magazine Drive postcard turn in day
- Monday, November 11, NO SCHOOL - Veteran's Day
- Tuesday, November 12, Magazine Drive turn in day
- Wednesday, November 13, Magazine Drive turn in day
- November 18-22, American Education Week
- Thursday, November 21, 7-9pm School Council Meeting
- Wednesday, November 27, Healthy Harvest Day
- Wednesday, November 27, Early Release, 11:30 dismissal
- Thursday, November 28, NO SCHOOL - Happy Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 29, NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
- Monday, December 2, Technology Day, NO SCHOOL for students
- Friday, December 6, End of Trimester 1, Report Cards available on iPass