The Center for Arts in Natick (TCAN) will present more than 35 performances this fall, including concerts featuring Lisa Marie Presley, Vanessa Carlton, Paula Cole, Crystal Bowersox, Peter Wolf, Sandra Bernhard, and more. The highlight of TCAN’s season, TCAN Benefit 2013 will feature a special performance by Grammy winner Christopher Cross.
With an Oscar and five Grammys, including Best New Artist and Song of the Year for “Sailing,” Cross became well-known in the music and film industry for his poetic song lyrics and gentle tenor. Between 1980 and 1983, Cross charted eight hit singles in the Billboard Top 40 charts, including “Ride Like the Wind,” “Arthur’s Theme (Best That You Can Do),” “Never Be the Same,” and “Say You’ll Be Mine.”
As one of the most anticipated events of the year in MetroWest, the October 5 TCAN Benefit 2013 will raise funds and visibility for its mission of providing affordable arts programming and year-round arts education programs for the communities of the MetroWest region. TCAN contributes to the vibrancy of Natick Center and its cultural district by hosting over 20,000 patrons each year in its 270-seat venue, a restored firehouse that dates back to 1875.
Tickets to the TCAN Benefit 2013 are $150 and include a post-show Champagne and Dessert Reception where guests will meet and mingle with Christopher Cross. Visit www.natickarts.org for tickets or contact the TCAN Box Office at 508-647-0097. Preferred seating is available to sponsors – for sponsorship information, contact Cathi Ianno at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“TCAN’s Annual Benefit celebrates the success of our volunteers, our staff, donors and patrons in bringing a new vibrancy to Natick Center,” says David Lavalley, Executive Director. “We are proud to present Christopher Cross as the highlight of a very special season of concerts, theatre performances, arts education programs, and programs for the families of MetroWest to enjoy.”
Other fall performance highlights include:
· Crystal Bowersox, 2009 American Idol runnerup (9/13)
· Southside Johnny and the Poor Fools, featuring opener Pegi Young, wife of Neil (9/14)
· Paula Cole, Grammy-winning singer-songwriter (9/20)
· Peter Wolf, lead vocalist of the J. Geils Band (9/25, 26)
· Rickie Lee Jones, iconic rock singer (10/10)
· Vanessa Carlton, Grammy-nominated piano star (10/12)
· Sandra Bernhard, comic diva and cabaret singer (10/17, 18)
· Ed Kowalczyk, former lead singer of Live (10/24)
· Mike Super, magician and illusionist, winner of NBC’s Phenomenon (11/1)
· Lori McKenna, local folk singer (11/2)
· Lisa Marie Presley, roots musician and singer (11/22)
· Stephen Bishop, Oscar-nominated songwriter (11/23)
For a full schedule of events, or to buy tickets, visit natickarts.org/calendar.