Whether you are using Speen Street, Oak Street, Route 9 or Route 135, there always seems to be a ton of traffic slowing your commute.
Recently, Natick Patch asked residents to share their opinions on what they thought was the worst. Here's what you had to say:
- Angela Colón: The worst is living near union st. and trying to get to oak st. with the bridge being closed ... So aggravating. Having to go all around is a pain in the rear.
- Kelly Laurence Bishop: The worst area right now is Route 9 east and west past the mall going toward Wellesley with all the construction!!!
- Stephanie Edwards Albert: Another frustrating area is the intersection of Speen and Pond. I think the worst part of that intersection is going from Pond towards Mill St. The light just isn't long enough and it backs way up. Sometimes I have to sit through 4-6 cycles, even when the line of cars isn't that long. They need to make the left turn signal longer so it doesn't back up the traffic so much. Thanks for asking! I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while!
- Paul Power: Going from north Natick south on 27 during rush hour. Might as well get out and walk.
- Jan Darlene Hastings: East Natick has been turned into an island - construction on 9/oak street. Bridge out to get downtown. And the last time I went through the bridge on the Wellesley line, they were doing some kind of construction there too!
- Jan Darlene Hastings: But the WORST has to be the 27/30 light which does NOT allow for a left hand turn. The light is either green or red, which means if you need to make a turn during rush hour, you could be there for 4+ light cycles.
- Wendy Ware: Heading north or south on Route 27 between the Army Labs and Dairy Queen.
And for more perspective, here's a map of Natick showing how long commutes to work are.