2. Natick's Bookmobile will visit Natick Common on Sept. 7 in celebration of National Library Card Sign-up Month.
Bring your Minuteman Network library card to check out books, audio-books, and DVDs.
Don't have a library card? Bring a valid photo ID (e.g., a Mass driver's license or passport) and proof of current address (e.g., check book or utility bill) -- and ask how you can sign up for one.
3. Fisk UMC is collecting items for health kits at 9 a.m. on Sept. 7 during the Natick Farmers Market. They will be assembling emergency health kits for distribution in places that have experienced floods, hurricanes, etc. Items they are collecting: hand towel and washcloth, full size bar of soap, toothbrush, full size comb, nail clippers, 6 bandaids, gallon zip lock bags.
Stop by during the Farmer's Market or drop items off at Fisk UMC, 106 Walnut Street.
4. Come on down to Natick Center on Sept. 8 for the Food Truck Festivals of New England.
Trucks will be open for business from noon to 5 p.m.
Line up for the tastiest treats from the region's best trucks. Bring blankets and lawn chairs and have a picnic on the Common.
Avoid the lines and buy your tickets in advance. Tickets are $7 in advance online, or $10 on Sept. 8.
Your ticket will get you:
- Access to more than 20 food trucks;
- Special Festival food prices.