Founded in 2001, Metrowest Jewish Day School offers a quality education in both general and Judaic studies. The private school, located in the former Juniper Hill elementary school, educates children in grades K-6, but plans to expand to grade 8. The school places a strong emphasis not only on Jewish and Hebrew studies, but science, math, literacy, and creative arts as well.
- Fax: 508-620-0945
- Handicap Accessible: handicapped accessible parking and ramp access to front and side doors
- Founding Date: 2001
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Jewish
- Accreditation/licenses: Affiliations with RAVSAK- the Jewish Community Day School Network, Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education, Combined Jewish Philanthropies, Jim Joseph Foundation
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 25
- How engaged is the school with the community?: MWJDS students partner with social service agencies that serve all regardless of religion. They visit elders, collect food, clothing & money for needy families, make cards for the sick & participate in the annual community Mitzvah Day.
- What makes this community special?: MWJDS students learn to be learners, active participants in their community, and to be creative and confident.
- Grade levels: K-7
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: afterschool program, chess club,
- Uniforms: No