Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Here are five things to know in Natick today, Jan. 8, 2013.
1. The Earth Day Planning Group (Publicity Subcommittee) will meet today at 2:30 p.m. at the Morse Institute Library. 2. Take a look at this video of one of our Patch editors learning to ski. 3. Have a passion for something? Want to share it with others? Then how about starting a blog here on Natick Patch? It's free and there's never any obligation as to how much you write. 4. If you're putting on an event in town, you should add it to our Events Calendar for people to browse and search whenever they please. 5. Do you have something you'd like to share with lots of people, whether it's the fact you won an award or that you'll be hosting a special guest at your business? Then post an announcement on Natick Patch and you'll be able to reach …
Monday, January 7, 2013
Here are five things in Natick today, Jan. 7, 2013.
1. Natick BHLF Trail Buddies will meet at 10 a.m. at Pegan Cove Park to cut back some invasives and pick up trash. 2. Broadmoor Chamber Singers is having open rehearsals tonight at 7:15 p.m. at Christ Lutheran Church. 3. Wednesday night will be the First Annual Justin Bailey Memorial Food Drive. Donations of non-perishable food items will be collected at the William Chase Arena between 6:30-9:30 p.m. 4. Do you see cars speeding down your street? Tell us which street in Natick you think has the biggest speeding problem. 5. If you didn't voice your opinion over the weekend, we want to know if you think professional athletes should have to hide their sexuality.
Friday, January 4, 2013
Here are five things to know in Natick on Friday, Jan. 4, 2013.
1. In case you missed it yesterday, Billy the Dog is finally home! 2. Massachusetts legislators will be receiving a pay cut this year after the average household income fell from last year. 3. It's interesting to see methods of treatment that aren't as common used to help Veterans with PTSD. 4. The Natick High School class of 2013 is going to have an All Night After Prom Party for students and their guests, and you can help them out with it by purchasing an umbrella for just $25. The umbrellas are 54-inches long and are red and white. They say "Natick" on them, making them a great item to show off some town spirit. 5. Do you have a story idea? Then email it to email@example.com.
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Here are five things to know in Natick today, Jan. 3, 2013.
1. Have you entered our photo contest yet? This week we're looking for the best photo of sibling love. 2. Christmas tree removal in Natick takes places the first two weeks of January. Don't forget to leave your tree out by the curb. 3. People can learn Israeli Dancing tonight at 8:30 p.m. at the Boroughs JCC in Westborough. This two-hour class costs $10, and it's offered every week. 4. State Rep. David Linsky (D-Natick) will have constituent office hours on Monday at 9:30 a.m. at the Natick Community Center. 5. We're still looking for residents to contribute to our Local Voices section. You can be a blogger on Natick Patch!
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Here are five things to know in Natick today, January 3, 2013.
1. If you're interested in improving your public speaking, impromptu thinking and leadership skills, then you may be interested in attending the Framingham-Natick Toastmasters Meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at the Whitney Place Assisted Living Residences. 2. Be on the lookout for Billy the Dog. He is still out there. Remember he is very timid, so do not chase him. 3. It's a new week and there's a new Patch photo contest. This week we're looking for the best photo of siblings. The winner will get a $25 gift card to a local business. 4. The Morse Institute Library is looking for Volunteers for their Book Sale that is coming up near the end of the month. 5. Check out how a Natick eight-year-old is trying to raise money for Newtown, CT victims.
Monday, December 31, 2012
Here are five things to know in Natick on Monday, Dec. 31, 2012.
1. Once again, here is the schedule for First Night in Boston. 2. There will be a Family New Year's Party today at 2 p.m. at the Morse Institute Library. Admission is $7 per person and $25 per family. This annual event benefits Kids Connect. 3. It's been a while since we last got as much snow as we did on Saturday. We want to see the photos you took in the snow. Whether it's pictures of you trying to dig your car out of your driveway, your kids building a snowman or your dog eating a cold treat, just click on the link and upload your photos for everyone to see. 4. Start your New Year's Resolution early and take a muscle conditioning class at 6 p.m. at Focused on Fitness. Your first class is free. 5. In case you missed it, on Friday …
Friday, December 28, 2012
Here are five things to know in Natick today, Dec. 28, 2012.
1. 2012 is coming to an end, so it's time to present you with the Biggest Stories in Natick this past year. So much has happened, and we're not perfect, so we know we missed a few. Help us out and be sure to add your selections in the comments section. 2. You asked, and we tried to gather the answer. Who has the best pizza in Natick? No one place seeed to dominate the recommendations, so at first glance it appears that there isn't a place head and shoulders above the others. But you may not agree with that. Tell us in the comments of the story if you feel strongly about your favorite place. 3. It's time to enter our latest photo contest: your best photo of 2012. Remember, these contests are regional, so you're going up against readers from…
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Here are five things to know in Natick for Thursday, Dec. 27, 2012.
1. The Natick Home Energy Initiative will begin their Solar Challenge soon. Be sure to read about it to see if this program is a good fit for you. 2. We're still looking for contributors to our Local Voices section. If you like to write, then it's time to get started. 3. The Natick Winter Market will begin on Saturday at 9 a.m. at Metro West Medical Center Leonard Morse Hospital. 4. Here are some obituaries of recently deceased people with Natick ties. Most of these funerals are either today or tomorrow if you'd like to attend. 5. Still looking for things to do over this school vacation? Well, take a look at our large list of ideas.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Here are five things to know about in Natick on Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012.
1. Today at 6 p.m. there is a Carry-in Meal followed by a Devotional at the Church of Christ in Natick. 2. On Friday there is a Caregivers Support Group at 6:30 p.m. at the Morse Institute Library for anyone who is taking care of a loved on on an ongoing basis. 3. On Friday there will be karaoke at the Dolphin Seafood Restaurant. It begins at 10 p.m. every Friday night. 4. It might be difficult to tear the kids away from all the new toys that Santa brought them, but if you're looking for some fun things to do during this holiday break from school, then you should check out at least a couple of these ideas. 5. In case you didn't know, you can always find the lowest gas prices near Natick and area traffic right here. Like us on Facebook | …
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Here are five things to know in Natick today, Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012.
1. There is a Yoga Class for Women with Cancer at 4 p.m. today at Roots & Wings. This class is for women with all types of Cancer and no prior Yoga experience is necessary. The cost of the class is $10, with a portion of that going as a donation to the Healing Garden in Harvard, MA. 2. Santa will be visiting South Village today at 1 p.m. You can get your picture taken with him at 56 Eliot St. 3. There is a public safety forum on violence prevention tonight at 7 p.m. at the Morse Institute Library. 4. There will be a workshop on how to weatherize your home, including some things you can do to save energy, tomorrow at 11 a.m. at the Community Center. 5. Patch has made a list of things Natick wants for Christmas. Take a look and tell us what …