Friday, December 28, 2012
Here are five things to know in Natick today, Dec. 28, 2012.
1. 2012 is coming to an end, so it's time to present you with the Biggest Stories in Natick this past year. So much has happened, and we're not perfect, so we know we missed a few. Help us out and be sure to add your selections in the comments section. 2. You asked, and we tried to gather the answer. Who has the best pizza in Natick? No one place seeed to dominate the recommendations, so at first glance it appears that there isn't a place head and shoulders above the others. But you may not agree with that. Tell us in the comments of the story if you feel strongly about your favorite place. 3. It's time to enter our latest photo contest: your best photo of 2012. Remember, these contests are regional, so you're going up against readers from…
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Here are five things to know here in Natick on Tuesday, December 18, 2012.
1. There will be an Open Studio art class at Palettes today at 1 p.m. You'll create your own ideas using their art supplies. The cost is $20. 2. Are you interested in trying something different for exercise? Then how about trying an adult karate class? There is one tonight at 6:30 p.m. at Villari's Martial Arts Center. The first class is free, so there's no downside in giving it a try. 3. If you're interested in wine feel free to give Sel De La Terre a call to see if you can make reservations for their Wine Tuesday tonight at 7 p.m. 4. The Mayan Apocalypse is approaching so we're wondering: How would you spend your last day in Natick? Click on the link and tell us. 5. There have been a lot of great discussions taking place on the Natick …
Monday, December 17, 2012
Here are some things to check out on Natick Patch on Monday, December 17, 2012.
1. Be sure to check out this video of the best Christmas lights display in town. 2. We'd like to tell you about more events and things to do in town, but right now our calendar is pretty thin, with nealry the same things listed everyday. Those events are great, but we'd love it if you helped everyone out by adding any events or activities you're putting together into the calendar so everyone will know about them. All you have to do is read this article we recently ran to learn how to do it. 3. Were you at the candlelight vigil on Saturday night in Natick Common? Be sure to read one resident's account and comment underneath to tell us what your thoughts were. 4. You can still submit photos with or of Santa for the chance to win a $25 gift …
Monday, December 10, 2012
It's time to register for activities with the Rec & Park Department, there are some meetings in town tonight and take a look at some photos from a police dog demonstration that took place over the weekend.
1. Registration for winter activities through the Natick Recreation & Parks Department began last Thursday. Space is limited for many of the programs and they do fill up fast on a first come, first serve basis, so be sure to sign up soon if you're interested. 2. Check out some photos from the police dog demonstration that took place over the weekend at Pet World as a nonprofit raised money for vests that protect the K9 units. 3. Sereda Danceworks has a host of exercise/dance classes today (and everyday) that you can sign up for. 4. The Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 7 p.m. (that's when the public portion of the meeting begin. Prior to that they will be in Executive Session.). 5. The School Committee will have a Retreat at 6 p.m.
Friday, December 7, 2012
Here are just a few of the many things going on in Natick this weekend. Be sure to take a look at our Events section to see what else is happening.
1. Check out the Natick Winter Market tomorrow from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. They have a variety of fresh foods from fish to vegetables. 2. Energy Fitness and Gymnastics is hosting an Open Gym to benefit homeless families tomorrow from 1-4 p.m. 3. Be sure to check out what's happening at the Natick Mall this weekend. Take advantage of the sales and get your picture taken with Santa. 4. There's still time to enter our latest photo contest. We're looking for the best photo featuring a dog(s). The winner will receive a $25 gift card to a local business. 5. I'm excited to be joining Natick as of yesterday. I've heard great things about the town, and I'm looking forward to getting to you, our readers, as I try to bring you the news and information …
Thursday, December 6, 2012
A Natick yoga studio will host a class today to benefit women battling cancer.
1. Roots & Wings, a Natick yoga studio, is hosting their weekly Yoga for Women with Cancer class which is designed to relieve physical and emotional stress with gentle postures and light breathing. A portion of all proceeds will benefit the Healing Gardens in Harvard. 2. Are you a senior who is curious about your future health care options? The Senior Center is hosting SHINE today, where volunteer councilors will give you the information on medicare and other health care options. Call 1-508-647-6540 to make a reservation. 3. Do you have questions about how Natick runs? Selectman Charlie Hughes will host office hours today at 6:30 p.m. in the Community Development Conference Room of the Town Hall. 4. Today is my last day at Natick Patch…
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Want to help Natick's youth this Holiday season?
1. The Natick Police Department is still asking for your help in getting Christmas presents to Natick children in need. Head down to the police station and you can pick a present that will be delivered to a Natick child. 2. There was a car fire at the Natick Mall yesterday which damaged at least four vehicles. We have some initial details for you here and we hope to have more later in the day. 3. Do you know of a house in town that has a spectacular Christmas lights display? You should nominate them for our annual "Deck the House" contest, where they could win Natick's schools $100,000. Here is all the information you need to enter. 4. If you're stressed out, Villari's Martial Arts Center might have the class to help you out. Their …
Monday, December 3, 2012
Congratulations on a great football season, Natick Red Hawks.
1. The Natick Red Hawks were defeated Saturday night in the Division 2A Super Bowl. While the outcome wasn't exactly ideal, the team still fought hard all season. Here are some photos from the game. Congratulations on a great season, guys. 2. Want to learn to lose weight without using the usual diet gimicks? The Beacon Community Church is hosting their weekly Take off Pounds Sensibly class where you can learn how to change your lifestyle for the better. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. 3. Want to see the inner workings of Natick? The Board of Selectmen will meet today at 6 p.m. at the Natick Town Hall. 4. If you want a bigger say into how your kids are educated, or you just want to hear from Natick's school administrators and see how …
Friday, November 30, 2012
The Winter Market is bringing fresh, local produce to Natick this weekend.
1. The Farmer's Market might be closed for the season, but the Winter Market has just begun. Stop by on Saturday to buy fresh produce, organic meats and freshly-baked bread. The Winter Market starts at Metro West Medical Center Leonard Morse Hospital at 9 a.m. on Saturday. 2. Do you like photography? Are you looking to get more out of your digital camera? The Mass Audubon's Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary is hosting an event that can help you out. Stop by on Sunday at 10 a.m. to see what you can learn about photography. 3. Do your kids know Santa is in town on Saturday? The Windy-Lo Nursery will be hosting their Santa hayride and the Grinch event at noon on Saturday where you can enjoy winter snacks while taking the kids to see Santa. 4. …
Thursday, November 29, 2012
If you want to do something good for the community during the holidays, here is your chance to help some Natick children.
1. 85 Natick Children will benefit from the efforts of the Natick Police Department and the Natick Service Council who are working together on the town's Giving Tree. Head to the Natick Police Department to pick a gift that you can buy for a child in need. 2. Need a job? Well, Dunkin Donuts is hiring. The company is hosting a job fair in Framingham today for their Natick store and are offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus. The event starts at 10 a.m. 3. If you are a senior who is considering their health care options going forward, the Senior Center will be hosting SHINE at 1:30 p.m. today where you can receive advice from volunteer consultants on how to take advantage of Medicare. 4. Roots & Wings yoga is hosting a class designed to benefit …